HON. CHUKWUMA OJUKWU WINS ENUGU-USA PRESIDENT - A BIG WIN FOR ACCOUNTABILITY & TRANSPARENCY

OJUKWU4President presents full text of Hon. Ojukwu presentation to the Board of Directors



Let me begin by thanking all of you for gathering here today to be a part of Enugu-USA’s promise of 2016, a promise of credible, free and fair election, a promise that the voice of the people will be heard and we, the people will once again, elect our own officers.  I salute you for being part of this greatness of Enugu-USA.

My name is Hon. Chief Chukwuma Ojukwu, Okosisi n` Nike.  I am a father, a husband and a titled man.  I live in Houston, Texas.  I am a graduate of Political Science from University of Nigeria, Nsukka.

On setting foot in United States in 2004, I joined Enugu Progress Union, Houston and I served as Secretary-General for six years.  I served Nkanu-USA as secretary of Scholarship Fund.  In the past four years I have served in Enugu-USA National Executive Committee, first as National P.R.O in 2012 to 2014 and elected National Secretary till date.

Since my college days, I have served in various leadership positions. I have worked with multifarious organizations and ethnic groups which informed my belief that there is beauty in diversity. I have promoted fraternity, peace and harmony among people of differing backgrounds.  I know how to unify people.  I get along with people.  I am a team player.  I know how to sustain unity and solidarity among people and more importantly, I know how to do it among the citizens of Enugu State of Nigeria.
With the voices of supporters echoing in my head, urging me on, with gratitude to Almighty God who has allowed me and my family to remain resolute, with gratitude to those who founded and have served our beloved Enugu-USA, with respect to my fellow candidates who are here today, and with full awareness of the sacrifices and the obvious preparedness to walk the talk, I hereby offer myself as a candidate for the Presidency of Enugu –USA. 

As I submit myself to serve you, I seek nothing short of working with the Board to place Enugu-USA on the deserved pedestal of preeminent organizations.  I see the Presidency and the Board as vehicles to nurture change and explore opportunities.  I see Presidency and the Board as the collective voice of the voiceless in Enugu State.  I see us as defenders of the defenseless.  I see us as an aspiration and hope for the survival of the poor.  I see Enugu-USA not for what she is today, but for what we will collectively make Enugu-USA to be tomorrow.

Here are some of the programs that informed my decision to serve you:

1.     Accountability and Transparency
As a part of the recent administration, I will continue to emphasize and focus on transparency and accountability at all levels without exception. Any funds or materials received or advanced on behalf of the Enugu-USA must be accounted for, both at home and abroad.  Moreover, as a not-for profit organization, we are an open book for the public and should be in compliance with IRS and be ready for any audit anytime and anywhere.
  2.   Consolidation of the progress of the past four years      
My priority is making our signature program Medical Mission a “year round” affair in partnership with Association Of Local Governments Of Nigeria. (ALGON) and Nigeria Medical Association {NMA} Enugu chapter and other professional healthcare associations.  In addition, finding other  creative ways to utilize our Enugu-USA Office at the Liberty Center.

3.     Education and Youth
“Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” – Nelson Mandela.
I intend to pour the same amount of energy in educating our youths. I will focus on primary and secondary education. Emphasis should be on establishing a CENTRALIZED Functional Scientific Laboratories for our selected secondary schools. Estimated costs for labs for each school without furniture, utility and renovation ranges from N650,000.00 – N1,000,000.00.
4.     Community Outreach and Partnership
Enugu-USA should partner with other community organizations to deliver programs to the rural poor.  Since 2009, I have actively traveled, volunteered and participated with EnuguUSA Medical Mission Inc. As the Secretary of NkanuUSA, Scholarship Committee, I supervised on the ground in Enugu State the award of more than 35 scholarships within the six local government areas in Enugu East senatorial district; 2011-2012. In 2014, I was present at the opening of Health Screening Center in Ezeagu by Udi-Ezeagu USA.  Enugu-USA should be partnering with these sister organizations to deliver more.
Finally, in seeking this position, I ask you to focus on me and nobody else.  Focus on Chukwuma Ojukwu, focus on my records as you review my programs and proposals.  I plead for you to choose your hopes over your fears, ignoring the apathy of the day as you bear in mind that it takes competence, credibility, and experience to bring about effective leadership. I hope that my voice in the Presidency and the collective voices of the Board and Membership will usher in a new wave of constructive deliberation and engagement grounded on the principles of accountability and transparency in governance.  In doing so, our beloved Enugu-USA will have better days ahead than anyone could ever imagine.  Thank you and May God bless you.

            

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

UGWUANYI@1: RELENTLESS QUEST FOR FOREIGN INVESTMENTS, DIVERSIFICATION & PROPOSED DIASPORA FUND.

ENUGU 2023: A CASE OF UDI LOCAL GOVERNMENT POLITICS OF UNSPOKEN CHAINLESS SLAVERY by OBORI ADAKA

HE WHO THE CAP FITS......HAIL DR. COSMAS AGU (COMAG)